Friday, February 18, 2011

Waiting: Good or Bad?

We are trying to finish up our second dossier paperwork. We are waiting on our background check. The only other papers we are missing, I think, include our employment verification, copy of our I-171 and our medical form. We will most likely have to re-do some blood work. We had some testing done a year ago. The verdict is still out, but I think I can probably safely call the doctor and have the lab work rescheduled. We can always cancel if we get good news. So, we are close. I don't feel ready, but I suppose I never will. Oh, I am anxious to have our little guy home, but I am not ready actually. His room is a disaster. We don't have any real supplies, toys, clothes, or furniture. We don't have enough funds yet. We still have online classes and books to finish. I don't want things to slow down, but I do want to get more stuff done. This has become a time of wishing for more hours in the day. Things will happen though. People are planning baby showers. We will have at least one more big fundraiser. Tomorrow we have set aside the day to working in his room. I will have to take before and after pictures. Of course the before will be a little embarrassing. I think often of the first book I read. It talked rather in-depth about ways to use this time of waiting. I think we have our time full, but something that author said stood out to me. They encouraged using this time to work on yourself, not just your home. Spend more time with God, invest in relationships, learn a new skill. Why not? I absolutely want to be best mother I can be and I need more mercy and wisdom from God to achieve that. I need to hold on to the people around me. I'm certainly going to need them in the days ahead. I actually love learning. I know. I'm in a small group, but I want to spend my whole life learning. Maybe that's why I enjoy my job so much. Four year olds teach me more than I think I ever teach them. So bring on the waiting!

1 comment:

  1. Denise, You'll never be ready! :) Even when you think you are, a few hours later you realize you aren't! LOL It's such a twisted cycle! So hoping you will be able to get your paper back and get your court date soon!

    ReplyDelete