Saturday, August 14, 2010

Thinking

I watched the movie To Kill A Mockingbird over the last couple of evenings. It is my favorite movie and I can never make it through without tears. It has forced me to think about the world and home I live in and into which we will bring our child. I do not want to live in a cold place without human interaction. I want our child to know that there is right and wrong, not some fuzzy gray in between. I watched the commentary on the making of the film, which I had never done before, and the words from a lawyer they interviewed made the most sense to me. I cannot put things as eloquently as he did, but the idea was to make your home what you know it should be. Don't get so bogged down in the whole world and all the problems it contains. No one person can solve them. Yet people are not so isolated that what they do and say won't impact others. So uphold your beliefs for your family and be to them and for them what you desire for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment