Friday, March 11, 2011

No Voice = More Gets Done Without Me

So, I have something (allergies, sinus infection, you name it) that is not making me feel too sick, but I cannot talk. Well, I can squeak out things and whisper things, but nothing I say is very clear. I was not going to miss work, but I wasn't able to get too much done. I did enjoy pantomiming things and using the sign language that we've incorporated into our classroom. My aides are marvelous and they stepped up when I just couldn't communicate. They actually held down the fort the last few hours of the day. I am actually feeling somewhat sick and I wasn't very productive, so I went home early. Being the Friday before Spring Break, the kids were going to play outside, watch "Jack and The Beanstalk", and eat some yummy letter Ss snacks along with special treats their parents sent. My aides pretty much sent me out the door to rest. Thankfully blogging does not require using your voice. JJ got so much done today. Have I ever mentioned that I have the best husband in the world? Well, for the record, I do. Last night, for example. as this mystery sickness was getting worse, he got home late from a baseball game and still managed to cook and serve supper, take out the trash, and bring the dogs inside without any complaints! Amazing. Today, following a tip we got from a fellow adopting family, he called the FBI and got things moving on our background checks. He called the doctor to remind them about the paperwork that needs signed. He printed the missing pieces to an adoption grant. That was all in the morning. He left around lunch time for a track meet. I am tremedously blessed!! Maybe we are seeing the light at the end of this paperwork tunnel. We have a week off ahead of us. I am excited to get some things done around the house, put the finishing touches (stamps) on the paperwork, and maybe see some family and/or friends. Oh, and I would like to be able to talk again, but maybe more things happen when I am silent. A humbling but needed lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment