Thursday, March 24, 2011

Scanning Guns and Other Malfunctions

Today I finished the process of registering for gifts. I was actually not going to register initially. How was I to know what I needed? I'm a first time parent of a toddler who is not a "normal" toddler because he's been living in an orphanage for over a year. Anyway, I've done some web surfing, talked to other parents, and finally gained enough confidence to make some baby supply suggestions. We are past some stages. I must admit I was grateful to not have to wade through the multiple types of bottles and pacifiers. We got to browse through all the fun toys. JJ helped me at Target and BabiesRUs last weekend, but I was alone today at Walmart. I am pretty sure it was the worst job anyone has ever done at registering for baby gifts. Okay, that makes me sound pretty silly, but I hadn't ate in over six hours, I really wanted to be home instead, and I apparently forget important things without someone to remind me. (Insert my dad's comment about "oblivious" here. Thanks Dad!) I did not put any cool toys on this registry. Or books, which are super important to me. I walked right past the umbrella strollers and didn't scan any. Speaking of scanning, it took me the first half of the time just to get that ridiculous scanning thingy to work. I used to work at Walmart, but apparently they have changed the technology in the last five years. Needless to say, the other registries are probably a much better reflection of a variety of things we actually need and some things that would just be nice to have. Just in case you are super curious, we already have a crib, pack-n-play, and a carseat (thanks Mom and Cheryl!). We have one shower in the works with our church/community and I'm pretty sure our co-workers will get something going soon. We know we are tremendously blessed to have so much support from our family and friends. Thanks in advance. You guys are fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment