Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day Twelve

I did not sleep very well last night. Who knows why. Needless to say I was tired today and I had a headache. JJ spent a long time this morning researching movie theaters in St. Petersburg. They seem to enjoy American movies here. I feel like we've been in every store that sells DVD's within a three block radius just to see what movies they have. We keep seeing Rio, but it had not been released in English. We found one today though that said English so we bought it, but when we got back to the apartment the only language option was Russian. =) I fixed breakfast today and we tried a new pizza/pasta place for lunch. The food was very good. The serving sizes were huge. We ended up with leftovers. Our waitress seemed very excited to use her English and I thought she did a fantastic job. She apologized once, but JJ quickly told her that his Russian was much worse than her English. She thought that was funny. We came back to the apartment for a while and then we went to a little cafe on our block so JJ could get ice cream and I could get coffee. JJ found this cafe on one of our walks. They serve all sorts of desserts, coffee, and tea. I figured out they have a business lunch, but I can't tell what they serve. We came back fairly quickly. Our case worker from our adoption agency is actually in St. Petersburg and she was suppose to call us early in the evening. Plus there was a boxing match on TV that they had been promoting like crazy. It was an American boxer versus a Russian boxer. JJ was determined to watch it and I agreed since you can understand boxing despite the language barrier. We heard from Irina, our agency representative, and we will get to meet her tomorrow. We are joining a group from our agency to visit one of the summer palaces. Maybe I can get a good night's rest tonight. Tomorrow will be a busy day full of walking. Oh, the American lost. He made it to the tenth round and then got knocked out. I felt sad for him because he almost made it to the end.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging all of this! It makes me feel involved I guess. Maybe I am living vicariously through you because I have a debilitating fear of traveling to a foreign country!

    ReplyDelete